Tuesday, August 16, 2011
13 Reasons to Run
I started running when I was 12. I still remember the burning feeling in my chest, the pain in my legs and the extreme fatigue because I didn´t know how to pace myself. Still, at the end of that run I felt good: my pre-adolescent difficulties seemed to wane after having accomplished the difficult task of running.
36 years later I still run regularly. So far, running has helped me overcome many challenges to include a broken heart, separation, divorce, financial strife, unemployment and more.
Why I run:
- It´s free
- You can do it anytime, anywhere
- It doesn´t require fancy equipment other than a good pair of running shoes
- It´s a great way to explore new surroundings
- It can be a form of meditation
- It´s an excellent cardiovascular workout
- You can do it alone or with someone else
- You can run while you push a baby stroller
- Running helps produce endorphins, which are a mood enhancer
- The discipline of running spills into other areas of your life
- It helps keep your weight in check
- It´s a great conversation piece
- It beats getting hammered
To know more about my books: www.lorrainecladish.com
Success Diaries will be published in book form in Spanish, late in 2011, by Obelisco.