Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Live by Reasons, Not Excuses!


Who hasn’t made excuses for not doing something we really want or need to do? If we wait for the perfect time to have a baby, to get married, to get divorced, to take up a sport, to write a book, go back to school, move, take up painting, dancing, photography or whatever it is we want to do, the perfect time will never come. Life always gets in the way, and that’s a good thing. It means we’re alive.

Why not rephrase each excuse and turn it into a reason?
Simple? Yes.
Easy? No.
But that’s life.

Excuse – I don’t feel like exercising
Reason – If I exercise I will feel better

Excuse – I don’t know enough about the subject to write a book about it
Reason – If I write a book about the subject, I’ll learn while I research

Excuse – I don’t have money to pay for a gym membership
Reason – If I pay the gym membership and use it, I’ll save money on meds

Excuse – I’m too old to go to back to college
Reason – If I go back to college, I will be able to get a better job when I’m older

What excuses do you give yourself, and how can you rephrase them into reasons?



No comments:

Post a Comment