Monday, February 21, 2011

Cheryl Tallman, Cofounder of Fresh Baby, on Success


Cheryl Tallman

Cheryl Tallman, is an Entrepreneur and the CEO of 2 businesses: Fresh Baby and Creative i and an example of a proactive, successful woman.

In Cheryl´s words: “At Fresh Baby we help parents raise healthy kids.  This keeps me going. Fresh Baby is making a difference.” Cheryl and her sister Joan Ahlers launched Fresh Baby that focuses on an all-natural diet for children when they could not find healthy and hassle-free food alternatives for their own kids.  

 LCL- What is your definition of success?

CT- Success is anything that gives you a feeling of accomplishment and builds your self-confidence. Success comes in all sizes.  

LCL- What is your biggest success?

CT- Not sure if I can name just one.  Some of my big successes include starting and selling my first business, marrying my husband and raising a healthy and happy son.   

LCL- What do you still have left to achieve?

CT- The way I figure it, at 47 I have half my life still to live, so I am really just getting started.   I have been blessed with many talents. I believe if I continue to use these talents and contribute, I will have many great achievements.      

LCL- How do you successfully manage motherhood, marriage and work?

CT- I make a “things to do” list every day. I feel great when I cross things off this list, but I don’t beat myself up if I don’t get everything on the list done. I am lucky to have flexible work hours and I set my work aside for family time and family responsibilities. I have a great husband who helps out.  I could not do it without him.  I also think that having an office helps me separate work and home.  However, I do bring my laptop home every night – I like to stay connected and I may do some work after dinner.  

LCL- How do you manage two companies without losing it? 

CT- I work with great people! On occasion, I get overwhelmed with too much work and it puts me in a bad mood. I realize I’m in a bad mood, when people at the office are avoiding me.  My mood changes once I’ve gotten the work done.  

LCL- What advice would you give to women who are in a slump and need some positive thoughts to keep on going?

CT- Believe in yourself. You can accomplish anything but you need to put in the effort to succeed.

Thank you for your time and your inspiration, Cheryl!

If enjoy like this blog, like my Facebook Page

To know more about my books and me, visit www.lorrainecladish.com

No comments:

Post a Comment