Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Marks the Beginning of a New Chapter


After running 13.1 miles. I did it!

My gratitude list for Thanksgiving is long this year! All the hard work, determination and persistence has paid off:

I ran the Women´s Half Marathon in St. Pete, FL. on Sunday November 20, and finished in 2.5 hours despite running it with an injury. It was one of the most emotional, satisfying and validating experiences in my life, and I’ve had a few …

I sold my book Diario del éxito (Success Diaries), based on my blog. It will be released in Spanish in 2012.

I became the Guide (writer and editor) of Consejos de mamá on About.com, of the NY Times. The site is doing really well and I will continue to run it. 

I was contributing writer for Mamiverse, the online hub for Latina moms and their daughters and was able to write and publish in English articles that were heartfelt and reached and helped a lot of readers. I thank my editor Sylvia Martinez for being so easy to work with and so much fun to talk to. I will continue to support her and Rene Alegría, founder of Mamiverse. 

With Emilio Sánchez, at VOXXI
And, most recently (yesterday) I accepted the position as managing editor of the Women’s Lifestyle section on VOXXI, the Hispanic Voice of the 21st Century, leadered by Emilio Sánchez, former Bureau Chief of the news agency EFE in Miami. It is an exciting project in which I will design, create and manage the content for Latina women in English. I will also do my own writing. I could never give that up! I will give VOXXI my all, as I do with every challenge I take on, and I hope you will follow me there, as well as the writers and bloggers I will manage on that site.

I am very thankful to all of you who have followed this blog since the very beginning. It is time for me to close this (blogging) chapter of my life and career and invite you to join me on the next one at VOXXI. I will not have the time or energy to devote to writing on multiple sites, but my content on VOXXI will continue to be heartfelt and real. 

I am grateful, and I continue to write a gratitude list daily and suggest you do too. It’s been a trip -a difficult but rewarding one- and I know its not over. Not till the day I die.

Happy Thanksgiving!


If you enjoy this blog, follow me on Facebook or TwitterLorraine C. Ladish is the author of 16 books and an expert Latina mom, now also the managing editor of the Women´s Lifestyle section at VOXXI.


2 comments:

  1. Will you be closing this blog or will you keep it available for posterity and and the benefit of your old and new readers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. It will stay up. I will take Success Diaries to Voxxi and I will also have a section for men

    ReplyDelete