Monday, January 18, 2010

My kid sets me straight!

When I was 8 years old, I was the shy, quiet, studious child of divorced parents. Now I am the mother of an 8-year old who is an outgoing, confident, studious child of divorced parents. More on my 5-year old in another blog post.
I work from home, and on the wall in front of my laptop, I have my mid-term, weekly and long-term projects listed. On another paper taped to the wall, I have my goals for 2010.
My 8-year old was doing her homework at my desk a couple of days ago, and after she finished and trotted off to take her nightly bath, I sat down to write something in my planner. I looked up at my goals, and found that my daughter had penciled some words on my visual reminders. On one of them, she finished off the title "Weekly Focus On ..." with the word "kids". Under "Long Term Projects" she added the bullet point "Being a Mommy". And under my "Goals for 2010" she wrote "Never ever give up! I love you!" and "Earn a Million Bucks!".
My first feeling was that my projects and goals lists didn´t look so pretty anymore ... but then I realized that my daughter had actually improved my lists! She certainly knows what is important! Thank you, dear Mini-me, and thank goodness, a much improved version thereof!
I don´t know about earning a million bucks though ...
BUT I have a feeling she may know something I am not yet aware of!

http://www.lorrainecladish.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment