Sunday, July 4, 2010

TuffCooki is fashionable, whimsical, fun and classy


I believe the in sisterhood of like-minded women. Seeing the result of the vision and the collaboration of these two artists was fascinating to me. Especially since they met through Facebook, they live in different countries and even so, they´ve managed to converge their talents to create something great together.

Mónica Kennedy has a Bachelor in Business Administration and is the founder of Tuffcooki.com that designs handmade handbags and clutches. Marián Muñoz has a Masters in Fine Arts and is an illustrator. They have both created a new handbag collection for Tuffcooki called The Girls, which features four types of women.

I´ve observed Mónica and Marián ¨cook¨ their ideas in the cauldron like two good fashion witches and it is inspiring to see the result of their art and know-how.

Here is what the two brave, creative and persistent women have to say about:

How they met and launched their project -

Marian Muñoz - We met thanks to the serendipity of Facebook, through a common contact. She had posted something on her wall about Tuffcooki handbags and when I saw it I made a comment, because I thought they were pretty and original. Mónica replied to my comment and that´s how the back and forth started and when we considered doing something together, that has finally come true.

Mónica Kennedy – The creative process was easy, because of the way we work. Communication is important. We know what we want and we talk everything over. In the end we always come to a middle ground. There is distance between us and we are on different times, but that is not an obstacle. She sleeps when I work and vice versa. It´s taken us many hours to decide on colors, styles, create illustration, print textiles, but the reward is worth it. The fact that a textile can turn into such beautiful and original designs is very fulfilling.

The inspiration for The Girls collection, by Tuffcooki -

Mónica Kennedy – This collection is inspired by women and their lifestyles. Every handbag has been carefully designed to tell a story, combining quality fabric with enchanting illustrations that make these classic styles one of a kind.

Marián Muñoz – When it comes to inspiration for illustrating, I find that in everything that surrounds me: passersby, friends, fashion magazines and trends, trips, art from all cultures and times, movies and fashion photography which is perhaps my greatest inspiration.

Success:

Mónica Kennedy – Everything is possible if you want it badly enough and you are willing to keep on going until you get it. I had a wish, a dream, and I made it true because I was so passionate about it that I was unstoppable. I’m no better than anyone else, but perhaps I have a fierce desire to do things and the get-up-and-go to do them. I’m persistent, a fighter and, at the end of the day, what fulfills me the most is to see where I started out in 2004 and where I am today. I love to think that the best is yet to come and that Marián will be a part of that journey.

Marián Muñoz – Mónica and I have had a very strong connection from the very beginning. We think alike and we are in sync. As Moni says “where there is a will, there is a way”. I have a quote on my Facebook profile: “When you don´t want to do something you find excuses and when you do, you find reasons.” In my case, I´ve always found reasons and, just like Mónica, I´ve always had a desire that started out as a hobby when I was a kid.

Mónica Kennedy and Marián MuñozWe are proud that we can make a living doing what we love!

Visit Tuffcooki and also the world of Marián Muñoz to know more about these successful women and to purchase their creations. I hope you like them as much as I do and that they inspire you!

http://www.lorrainecladish.com/

Follow me on Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. I skimmed your entry. Yes, sisterhood is great. More on "Tuff Cookie" in the future.
    I didn't find any gems during my class field trip but I have some spectacular pictures. I just returned home 2 hours ago from the Bay Area. My grandsons are happy and healthy. But I'm content to be home in Lake Isabella. How are your angels? And you? I thought I was anonymous?...
    ps. can I download pictures in this setting?
    Best to you and yours.
    Goodnight.

    ReplyDelete