Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It´s Now or Never!


If you find yourself thinking: “one day I’ll get in shape”, “if I only had the time, I’d learn Mandarin”, “if I really set my mind to it, I’d be a writer”, quit the excuses and take action. You can think or talk about it all you like, but only action makes a difference.

Commit to your passion and nurture it as if it were your child. Those of us who have children know that there is no greater love than parent love. And yet ... who enjoys getting up ten times in the middle of the night to change diapers? Who likes to rush their feverish kid to the ER at midnight? Who loves a tantrum? But we put up with that and more because we love our kids with a passion. We know that being a parent implies suffering through the toughest moments in order to savor the great ones, such as watching their first steps, feeling their sloppy kisses, or simply seeing them smile.  

The same goes for your life purpose. You must love it dearly and be willing to put up with all the sacrifice it implies. Nothing is 100% pleasant or absolutely horrible, and if we don’t embrace this, we will be condemned to eternal dissatisfaction. Is that what you want? Life is too short to waste time!

I can’t promise that you’ll achieve everything you set your mind to, because that depends entirely on you. But if you do whatever it takes to find out what you want to achieve and actually do it, your life will be a lot more fulfilling and happier than if you don’t.

If you like this blog, like my page on Facebook.

To see my latest book in Spanish, Volver a Empezar (Starting Over), click here  


No comments:

Post a Comment