Friday, December 3, 2010
Why I Believe in People
I wrote this post exactly one year ago, on my private Facebook profile, and tagged the friends it pertained to. One year later, I am happy to say 2010 has been a much better year than the one before, and I trust that 2011 will be even better. And if not, I know that I have it in me to weather the storms of life, over and over again. Thanks to them I discovered I have a soul with stamina, and a lot of kind people around me.
2009 was an extremely challenging year for me and my kids, although naturally the real challenges had started a few years back ...
Hardship and how one deals with it can make or break a person. I didn't break. And I didn't break not only because I have learned to develop a soul with stamina, but because there are good persons in this world. I am fortunate to know many of them. For those who do not believe in others ... I would like to share with you a list of things angels that walk the earth have done for me this year alone. I will not mention names because some asked me not to disclose the act of generosity or kindness when I thanked them and I respect that. Someone said: "This is between you and me and God" ... and it is, whatever your beliefs may be.
I hope this list rekindles your belief in people if you ever lost it. I am happy to say I haven't ....
So, THANKS to YOU who (without me asking) ...
- came to my place and pulled me out of bed at midday when I was down, and took me and my kids to get an oil change for my car and to shop for groceries and paid for it all.
- gave me your wedding and engagement rings so I could sell them and pay for bills.
- gave me boxes of cereal for my kids.
- cooked dinner for me and the girls and brought it over.
- cosigned my lease for my apartment.
- bought me a new laptop when my Macbook was stolen.
- paid for my dinner and drinks (often) when I needed to go out and have a good time with my friends.
- prepared a birthday party for me even when I wasn't sure I wanted to celebrate.
- bought my ticket to New York.
- gave me work writing blogs.
- drove me to Miami airport and back when I went to Spain in summer.
- took care of my kids so I could work or go to get my salsa fix.
- bartered services so I could have nice clothes or anything else I needed.
- filled my gas tank.
- wrote and composed a song for me. How cool is that?
- chatted with me when I needed comfort at 4 am in Spain. Thank God for friends in other countries!
- helped me move boxes and boxes and more boxes, even driving across Florida to do it.
- worked with me to get a pampering service for free, at a lower price or with a payment plan.
- paid my rent.
- gave me a great price for all my gold jewelry while I almost cried when selling it.
- held Sterling Silver Silpada shows for me just to help me out.
- connected me with someone who could give me work writing or translating.
- gave my kids clothes.
- taught me that wealth is what you have when you've lost everything.
- made sure my kids were on the list to get gifts this Christmas.
- lent me your entire jewelry display for a Silpada show.
- gave me money to go to the dentist.
- sent me recognition gifts for my jewelry business performance.
- took fantastic pictures of me for my books and jewelry biz for free.
- gave me your own stuff to sell on e bay so I could keep the money.
- paid me a compliment when I did not feel at my best.
- told me I would make it.
- changed my tire and wasted the entire morning doing it.
- respected the times I needed to be alone and came hastily when I needed company.
- performed an expensive surgery practically for free.
- accepted me for who I am.
I know there are more things, but these are the ones that come to mind right now.
People are good ... and I also believe others mirror who we are.
For that I am grateful.
THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart!