Monday, June 29, 2009

Successful friendships

I can count my best friends with just a few fingers, but they are the ones who have been there for the long haul, and me for them. We have shared good times, bad times, arguments, make-up hugs, laughs and tears. We have been separated in time and distance and reunited more than once. 
Over the years we have become pillars in one another's lives, and every time we meet up again in person we take up exactly from where we left off. Not one moment of awkwardness or a what if.
In order to be successful in business, professionally, creatively and in other relationships, it is vital to have a solid network of friends. 
This creates balance, support and perspective and helps us keep on track when we temporarily go adrift. My best friends are those who I feel like calling immediately when I have great news to tell or sad news to share. And when others do the same with me, I feel complemented and reciprocated.
No matter what is going on in our lives, successful friendships will always fuel the other areas of our lives. Don't forget to nurture them. 

www.lorrainecladish.com

No comments:

Post a Comment