Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sharing Difficulties Helps Overcome Them


No matter how many self-help books you read, how many positive affirmations you chant, or how often you tell yourself that you build your own reality, there will be times in life when you feel that none of this is helping you to improve your situation.

If you have no work, no money to pay the bills, if your marriage is in shambles, you have health problems and your best friend turned her back on you, it´s not easy to smile.

Something I learned when I experienced some of the previous circumstances all at once, is that if you share your problems with others, they become more bearable. Not only that, but you open yourself to the possibility of receiving a helping hand. After all, if those around you don´t know you´re going through a rough patch, how can they offer to help?

Pride doesn´t fill your pantry nor does it solve problems. On the other hand, there is no reason to be embarrassed because you´re going through difficulties, no matter what they are. When I dared to share my own challenges with others, I received help I never asked for, and that, I will be forever grateful for.  

If you enjoy this blog, like my Facebook. page.
To know more about my books: www.lorrainecladish.com

No comments:

Post a Comment