Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Inspiration, Your Ultimate Calling

I first read Wayne Dyer´s Your Erroneous Zones when I was 17 years old. Back then I had an eating disorder and I was doing everything I could to overcome it. Dyer´s book struck me as a manual of common sense that few people I knew (to include myself) seemed to abide by.
Almost 30 years later, I still read Wayne Dyer, who has gone to write and publish over 30 books, many of them bestselling titles, and all of them reflecting his own spiritual evolution and, dare I say – my own. I eventually did overcome the eating disorder, and learned a lot from that experience, which drove me to write and publish a book – I Feel Fat – about it.
Just yesterday, during an evening run, I was listening to one of Dyer´s audiobooks – Inspiration, Your Ultimate Calling, which I have read and listened to many times. But yesterday in particular, a few phrases struck me as never before.
One of them was: “There is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come”. It resonated with me, as I am now fueled with passion and focused on an idea that fills me with energy, excitement and strength.
Another concept I could relate to was that when we are in tune with our gut and decide to follow what makes us feel good, excited, vibrant and alive, we owe it to ourselves to pursue it relentlessly, because it is our life-purpose. In order to succeed, we will have to keep on doing that which makes us feel energized and on-track, and do away with the low-energy activities, conversations, company and even work that drain us. We often accept certain company, jobs or assignments out of fear. We may be afraid of being alone, of not being able to pay the bills, afraid of not having food in the pantry, fearful of what others may think. Fear is often a fabricated emotion, based on what ifs, and we can decide to let go of it. It really is as simple as that. Our emotions follow our focus, always.
Make a list of those things, people and activities in your life that make you feel powerful, joyful and strong. Then make another list of the people, activities and work that make you feel weak, doubtful and even depressed. Commit yourself to the first list and eventually eliminate the second from your life. Simple? Very. Easy? Not so much. But, trust me, it´s worth a try!

http://www.lorrainecladish.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment